Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Review: Nature Republic and The Face Shop haul

Hey lovelies!
This post will be a short review of items bought from Nature Republic and The Face Shop from KL actual retail store, and not from KoreaDepart or any online shops.

Prices in KL retail stores are about 70% more expensive than the products sold in online shops. But nothing beats using the actual product before purchasing! So consider this as sampling..If it's good, I will make my purchases from KoreaDepart :)





This is a free lip balm from Nature Republic (after purchasing above RM150) called Perfume Lip Balm in Peach Fruits Holic scent.
This lip balm has a strong sweet peach smell, but it is difficult to apply and to reach the corners of the lip. A bit on the creamy side. 



I heard really good reviews on the Bee Venom range from Nature Republic. I haven't read any reviews on their toner thou. I'm quite disappointed with this product, as it claims to be suitable for combination/sensitive skin. After using it once, my skin instantly feels like it's heating up, it created red patches on my skin. The next morning, I see some whiteheads on my face. 

I thought it could be something causing the whiteheads, so I tried the product after a few days. I got the same problem :( 

So I stopped using this on my face, instead I use it on my neck where it's less sensitive. Sis just bought a new whitening toner from Hada Labo (available in Watsons and Guardian) and it's mild and gentle to use. Loving Hada Labo's toner :)

So my advise is to get a sample of the toner before getting it. Ask for samples from the counter if they have samples for this range. 



Whitening Collagen Dream 90 Skin Booster from Nature Republic.
The bottle is really heavy, feels very solid compared to The Face Shop's cheap packaging :p



Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask from The Face Shop
This mask smells like heaven! Nothing special with the bottle thou, made out of plastic.
I used this almost every night, and restocked with another bottle! 
My skin always feels more elastic and clear the next morning! 



Nature Republic The First Eye Cream.
And again, eye creams doesn't work for me. This belongs to mum..Hehe


Signing off ♥
( = ^ ㅅ ^ = )

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tiffany! :D
    I was wondering about the Nature Republic Whitening Collagen Dream 90 Skin Booster that you got there, how is it working for you? and if I may, what type of skin do you have? Cause I want to get it too but still hesitating as I need to find out whether it's suitable for oily-combo skin. Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nuraini!
      I seldom use the Nature Republic collagen, but it's working fine for me. The texture is not heavy, I think it can be used as a toner. But I realised not all Nature Republic products work on me, maybe they're too strong.

      My skin is also oily-combo. My skin is also pretty sensitive, and I tried using the Raspberry Root Sleeping Mask almost every night! Apparently the Face Shop staff told me that their sleeping mask is their best selling item! Quality based, Nature Republic is 'supposedly' better than Face Shop, but I guess my skin type is more suited to mild products.

      I hope I answered your question!

      Delete