Sunday, April 27, 2014

First Glimpse of KLIA2

*UPDATED WITH PARKING RATES (25/4/14 12.47pm)

Happy Sunday!

Today is the official open day of the new KLIA2, which will be taking over flights from LCCT very soon. The KLIA2 will start operating on May 2 2014, and LCCT will subsequently stop its operation on May 9. Which means I will be going to KLIA2 for my next flight in May! ^_^ So grateful that I won't have to go to LCCT anymore! Phew...

I honestly prefer KLIA2 compared to KLIA. The parking area is larger, and there are more shops in KLIA2. I found the KLIA2 brighter too, with higher ceilings and more natural sunlight. Or maybe it's because I always take night flights in KLIA :p

KLIA2 is a real eye-opener. The concept is very different from airports I've been to in Thailand, Korea, Hong Kong and China. KLIA2 feels more like a shopping complex than an airport. I think I can easily spend my 2 hours before departure by shopping and eating :) Today I brought my DSLR pergi jalan-jalan... ^_^




Big sign leading to KLIA2. KLIA is slightly further than KLIA2, but you still use the same road until you see a signboard 500m before the turning to KLIA2 to the left.



Mulit-storey parking area. 
Parking rates in KLIA2 is the exactly the same rate as KLIA rate.



*UPDATE PARKING RATES PER HOUR/DAY
Taken at the parking machine last week after my trip from Kuching! :D
Click to enlarge! :)



Passenger drop off area






This is Gateway @KLIA2 . Gateway is KLIA2's shopping mall. 
Lot's of eateries, and shops selling watches, jewellery, clothing, and souvenirs.







Spotted 3 Starbucks in whole of KLIA2. Awesome...



Exit Gateway > KLIA2
Thank goodness the linkage between Gateway and KLIA2 is very short. 
Just few steps away.



Lucky draws, games and music performances at Departure Area.





People lining up to get their mock boarding pass. 
I think they were testing out their systems too, before the actual operating date.



Turn left to go to domestic departure, straight to international departure. 
To make it clearer, this is the flow from parking area.
From Parking Area > Gateway (Few storeys shopping mall) > KLIA2.







Pak Lat's drawing at the back of the boarding pass :)



Immigration area in International Departure.







Right now entering to Domestic Departure area :)





Baggage claim area. Looks a little like Incheon Airport's baggage claim area :)



Signing off ♥
( = ^ ㅅ ^ = )

5 comments:

  1. Hey arent you Xie Tin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do I know you personally? Or have you seen me in real life before? :p

      Delete
  2. Yeah. hahaha we study in SBS together weih..
    but im not gonna reveal my identity. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Tiffany,

    I've posted your blog on www.facebook.com/klia2.info.

    It's a good read.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete