Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Korea Depart review


This was my first time ordering stuff from Korea Depart. I tried buying from Yesasia and some local online blog shops before, so I'm quite familiar with online shopping. I can say, Korea Depart is my favourite out of many! Payment and shipping is quick and hassle-free!

Here's the timeline of my orders :)

Sunday, 10 March - Date ordered the items & made payment through PayPal
Tuesday, 12 March - Email received saying that my order has been shipped out of Korea, in Incheon Airport
Wednesday, 20 March - Package arrived at my doorstep!

I was impressed! It took only 10 days to reach my place, and FYI, I'm living in Malaysia :) The shipping/posting fee is RM15 (after converting the currency) it was reasonable because the item I bought is pricey in Malaysia, and with the shipping it still cost less than the ones you buy from the retail shop in KL.

Honestly, I was quite surprise when there was a postman wanting me to confirm a package, I didn't expect it to reach my place so fast! When I used Yesasia, I would usually wait close to a month for it to reach my place, and it's freaking pricey :/

As this was my first time, I only bought 1 item which was a Face Shop BB cream cleanser, prolly the best in market. It's always out of stock in KL as it's a best seller (FYI: They just restocked in KL, and it's more expensive on normal days without discount). So I resort to buying it online :D










All items are carefully bubble wrapped! 
BB Cleanser is converted to only RM35. 
In Malaysia Face Shop stores, they sell this for around RM60, without discount. 



All the samples they gave! So generous!
It's really like shopping in Seoul. I went to Seoul last time and every time you pass by or enter the make up store, they will give you some samples or post cards, even if you don't purchase anything from the store! ^_^
Showed my mum and she asked me, "YOU BOUGHT ALL THESE TOO?!"
Told her it's just the samples they gave :D




SHINee postcard! ♥♥♥


I did a little research and so far the products I tested in retail shops like Skin Food, Face Shop, Holika Holika and other Korean brands in Malaysia cost much higher than Korea Depart.

So my plan now is to test the product at the retail store, and then go online to buy it XD
It's about double the price cheaper in Korea Depart!

Will totally shop in Korea Depart in the future. Feel free to ask questions in the comment box below! I will try to reply ASAP! :D

Signing off ♥
('・ω・')

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany, may I know whether the Malaysian custom charges you any import taxes etc? I plan to hunt a bundle of items from koreadepart but am afraid of the incurred taxes :/ Hope to get your reply soon, thanks!

    Ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey See Yee! Thank you for your comment!

    Nope, Malaysian custom does not charge any tax. The total amount to be paid will be confirmed when you log on to PayPal when you're confirming your order in KoreaDepart. They will convert the USD to Malaysian ringgit and will call to confirm the amount paid.

    The shipping charges for goods that are 1.5kg or less in total will be RM15, anything more than 1.5kg they will change your shipping method to the more expensive one, USD15, approximately RM45. I suggest you share the shipping costs with a friend or you can buy in separate bulks of 1.5kg.

    Hope I answered your ques! :) Happy shopping!

    TiffanyH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany,

    Thanks a lot for the information! They're indeed useful ;) Have a good day!

    See Yee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tiffany, im eunice. may i know you choose EMS post or RAM post?? Shipping time for RAM post is 24 to 40 days. This post they never charge you on tax is because you buy less? you onli have one big BB cream box and the least is sample? if i want to buy around 8 things including cleanser, cream, mask and others base on you experience, do you think custom will charge a duty fee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eunice!
      I used Registered airmail RAM ($5) because the total goods I bought was less than 1.5kg. I used RAM twice, first time they took 10 days to delivery, the second time they took 15 days to reach my doorstep!
      If the whole package is MORE than 1.5kg, it automatically changes to EMS ($15) which is triple the shipping cost, but much faster I suppose. I haven't try EMS though. Koreadepart will not charge you for any duty fee or tax! Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks, your reply. One more question. They give you tracking code for ur parcel for this airmail RAM? i only know they will provide if EMS post.

    From
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Eunice! Yea, even though I'm using RAM, they still provided the tracking code for me. Once it is shipped out of Korea, they will email you the tracking code and website to track your package. I can even check when it reaches Malaysia's airline! :D

      Delete
  6. Hi Tiffany,

    Thank you for your review on KoreaDepart. Just wana ask, how did you fill in the part for state/city in the shipping address? Because I filled it in but every time after I click ok, the information in that part disappears. And also, what format did you fill it in? "Selangor / Puchong" (since there is a slash between state & city) or "Puchong, Selangor" like how we usually write in addresses?

    I would just like to make sure my address is properly keyed in to avoid any errors in shipping after I ordered. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooo!

      For state/city, just fill in Selangor Darul Ehsan. For "Puchong", you can just fill it in Address Line 2. :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  7. Hi! I want to ask what are the other sites you use besides koreandepart to order online products from korea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Justine! Sorry for the delayed reply!
      I don't use any other Korean sites, but I know Gmarket is pretty well-known and trusted :)
      http://global.gmarket.co.kr/

      Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Tiffany, is there any online banking available such as maybank2u? I dont have paypal tho :(

    ReplyDelete