Monday, August 19, 2013

Review: Maybelline Rocket Volum'Express Mascara Review

Hello lovelies!

Today I'll be doing a review on a new mascara, Rocket Volum'Express from Maybelline Volum'Express range. This is not a sponsored product and my review is 100% honest!

Mascara is probably my first make up product I've ever used. I've always love mascaras and started using since I was 13 years old. Not sure if that's considered old enough to use (in Malaysia).

I tried brands like Maybelline, Clinique and Korean brands like Nature Republic & The Face Shop. Out of all the mascaras, the best was of course, Maybelline. Hands down, Maybelline has the best mascara when PRICE, VOLUME and LENGTH is taken into consideration. As a student, PRICE was a major factor.

So far, I've previously used the Magnum and Falsies from Maybelline Volum'Express range.




So this is it! The latest from their mascara range! 
The mascara comes in the usual bullet shaped case.
It is retailing at RM39.90, but I got at around RM34 as an introductory price promotion.



The new brush is pretty unique, not the typical mascara brush.

Credit: Maybelline Facebook page
The brush feels like rubber and the bristles are pretty flexible. 
The brush looks almost like a fine comb, with evenly spaced bristles.



Here is the brush, with mascara coated over it.
I can already imagine the brush combing neatly through every single eyelash! 





VERDICT: It claims to "extend and be clump-free". Unfortunately, the mascara actually CLUMPS after few coats. Instead of separating my lashes, it clumps my lashes together, making it look like I have few long lashes. It isn't as voluminous as it claims to be. This mascara was quite a let down for me, was expecting a lot from their new Volum' Express since the previous one I had was amazing! And there were also promotion videos featuring famous bloggers to test out their mascara, sadly it didn't quite work for me. If given the option, I would not repurchase this product.


On the other hand, their previous Falsies mascara was by far, the best for me in Maybelline's Volum'Express range! 




It is also retailing at RM39.90. I hope they won't discontinue Falsies! I love them, might wanna restock them after using the Rocket Volum'Express




The brush is the typical brush, but curved a little to the shape of the lashes. I don't know, somehow this brush does a better job at creating volume and length!





VERDICT: Well, from the image, it's pretty obvious that the Falsies fare better than Rocket. Falsies doesn't clump too much too, I can coat few times and won't cause a mess. It volumizes my lashes and it hardens my lashes, but doesn't feel heavy at all. I can't rave on how much I love Falsies! I will definitely repurchase this! ^__^

FYI: I used the same BEFORE photo as the review I did for Rocket, cause well, my lashes looks the same without mascara anyways -_- And for the AFTER photo, I didn't coat my lower lashes. 


I hope my review helped you readers to decide better! This product might not work the same for other people, remember to look for other reviews too!

Signing off ♥
( = ^ ㅅ ^ = )

No comments:

Post a Comment