Saturday, September 5, 2015

Review: Three Little Birds at D7 Sentul

Hey lovelies!

Today, I will be reviewing on a cafe that I've been hoping to visit since forever! It was a hype a year back, and with so many choices of cafes mushrooming everywhere, I forgotten of that cafe in a nick of time. Prolly because it was considered far, it didn't came to my mind to go all the way to Sentul just for teatime. My coursemates suggested an impromptu lunch date at Three Little Birds right after our paper and I gladly accepted because I had no plans for the day :p





A very modern, artsy building with a few gallerias at the ground floor.



Air-conditioned indoor seats if you want to escape the humid heat outside. They offer cakes, sandwiches and beverages. I wished they had REAL, HOT, FRESH FOOD! I asked the waiter if they had real food (as in spaghetti, meat or eggs) and they said it's not in the lunch menu (wtf I was there at 1pm!) and instead suggested that I order their pre-packed sandwiches wrapped in foil (T_T).



The cafe is divided into indoor air-conditioned and al-fresco. Normally, patrons would sit at the outside patio just to take good shots under the natural sunlight while posing for OOTD shots ROFL.



 We obviously chose to sit outside since it was quite windy that day.




Chicken sandwiches. Since it's pre-packed, can't really say it's completely fresh. I couldn't really chew them because the baguette was rock hard!!! A girl with braces' worst nightmare. 



Cheese cake (supplied by Jaslyn Cakes) RM16. I think it's too pricey for a slice of so-so cake. I've tried Jaslyn Cakes in Bangsar and it was OKAY imo. But I was a little bothered by the specks of black stuff. What is that? Pepper? It is even visible in this picture! 
The cake was too crumbly and dry for my liking, couldn't even slice through it and pick it up with my fork. Not sure if the condition of the cake was attributed to Three Little Bird's way of storing the cake? 



Lemon cake. I guess this one was okay.



The only thing we ordered that was nice was the tea! -_- 
I really wished this place was a hit, but sadly for us it was a hard miss! Well, at least the food looked beautiful here...






Tiffany H's verdict: 

Food:  ★★☆☆☆ WHERE's THE FRESH FOOD?!
Service: ★★☆☆☆ Since most of the workers are indoors, they can hardly see if you're out there waving at them.
Atmosphere: ★★★★☆ Can get a bit hot outside (no standing fans) and annoying because it's a smoking zone, so my nose was itchy after inhaling all the second-hand smoke. *sigh*
Price: ★☆☆☆☆ Spent close to RM20 and didn't even enjoyed it. I wanted lunch, but it felt more like teatime :(
Location: ★★★☆☆ Plenty of free parking, but too isolated and dark even in daytime! No photography allowed at the building besides at the Three Little Bird area (where the guards can't stop you from selfie-ing) 

I don't think I have a good reason to go back to this cafe :( Hope they improve in terms of their food choices and freshness!


Signing off ♥
( = ^ ㅅ ^ = )

No comments:

Post a Comment