Friday, March 16, 2012

Mushroom Risotto

I suddenly have this urge to cook/eat mushroom risotto, and I decided to do so after watching Xiaxue's GTL to cook mushroom risotto. Had always wanted to eat risotto :D

It's quite simple, but takes time, roughly about 40 minutes.


You will need wild mushrooms (eg. Shitake and oyster mushrooms)
I used button mushrooms because I didn't have wild mushrooms :p



The right rice to use is alborio/risotto rice which is shorter, fatter, and releases more starch. 
Here I used long grain rice, the normal rice. Remember to rinse your rice! 



My printed recipe. If you want a DOC. file of this recipe, leave a comment in this post. 




You will need some butter, to sauté the mushrooms, and for the creamy taste.



I used one and a half chicken cube. You can also use chicken stock. Dissolve the cubes in water, the more the better, just make sure that the mixture is not TOO salty.



Sauté the mushroom with butter.




After I saute the mushroom with butter, I added the uncooked rice in with 1/2 cup of chicken stock. 




Stir until it's creamy. Before it dries up, add another 1/2 cup of chicken stock. 
Repeat the same step, and if it's too salty, you can add water into it. 



Stir until rice is cooked. You can use some herbs as garnish to make your dish look like a very atas dish XD 



Try out the recipe and take a photo of the end result!~ :D Good luck!~

Signing off ♥
('・ω・')

No comments:

Post a Comment